Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Kerastase


I recently decided to go to the hairdressers to have my hair dyed `properly`. It was a lovely salon on Smithdown Road called Bleach, and I will go back and do it again. It was a reasonable price to get it coloured, washed, conditioned, trimmed and styled: £65. I well expected it to be nearer the £100 because that`s how much some salons were looking for. 

The only thing that annoyed me was that I was strayed into buying this lovely set above ^ a shampoo+conditioner by Kerastase. No, I`ve never heard of it before either, and don`t even bother asking me how you pronounce it! (I`ve been calling it Kerateese for a sheer easy life!) I was mugged into paying £15 for the mini bottles and the funky silver bag it came in, which I`ve been using a lot more than the shampoo+conditioner.

I was told that the bottles would last roughly three months (I know, THREE MONTHS ... pah!) and that the conditioner is stronger than others for dye-damaged hair, like my own. 

Ok, that`s fine. It`s a colour-treated shampoo+conditioner combo. But don`t lie to me and tell me that it`s some miracle worker that will restore my damaged hair forever - because it doesn`t. It`s a perfectly generic shampoo+conditioner, and I will NOT be paying for it again (unless I go back to the hairdressers as weak as I went in and decide that I`m Miss Moneybags again).

Other than the shampoo+conditioner being totally average, they do smell good - particularly the conditioner, which you have to scoop out of the tub, which I LOVE! - and the silver bag is handy to use as a make-up bag to pop into a handbag. Or to just use as storage in your room for other make-up+toiletries. 

It`s safe to say that I have learnt my lesson, and I will only pay for my colour+cut+blow-dry the next time I go to Bleach! (whose salon I highly recommend, BTW.)

No comments:

Post a Comment