Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Liz Earle - Hot Cloth Cleanser




I had never heard of Liz Earle products until a friend`s Mum had told me about them a year or so ago. She bought them of QVC, but I think they`re only really sold in John Lewis – no Boots points, unfortunately!

I have watched Liz Earle promote her products on QVC and, my god!, she`s so pretty and youthful-looking for a woman of her age. (She`s not dead old, but she is very Mumsey-like … in the nicest possible, complimentary way!) Looking at this woman makes you want to buy her products and look like her!!! (which is obviously the point of them, obviously.)

Feeling brave (and apparently rich …) I headed to John Lewis (after a few mooches around the counter for a few weeks sussing out what products were what, and what was the cheapest to buy, etc …) to purchase my first Liz Earle face wash. Oh, no – apologies. It`s not `face wash` as we mere silly people would believe. It`s face wash that`s been renamed as `cleanser` (I `get` it, but it`s sooo pompous, no?) that works when the cloth is hot (a muslin cloth is also given).  

Yes, it does sound pompous, but it`s actually … good. No, better than good – it works!

Which, for my skin, is fantastic! I have sensitive skin in general, but my face is especially prone to sensitivity - so to hear that this product was gentle on the skin but tough enough to remove all the make-up+mascara that I wear and that the reviews were RIGHT is AMAZING!!!


I don`t think I would go back to washing my face with anything else. Honestly. It`s expensive (I am by no means enough in the safe part of my over-draft to start splashing out on any old face wash!) but if it means that my face isn`t getting stung and burned and blotchy and itchy and rashy and sore and … well, you get the jist! … then that`s worth splurging out every few months.
Speaking of, it really does last that long!

The first load of Liz Earle I bought was the mini Try Me Kit for starters, for obvious reasons. 



It cost £21.45; a lot for minis, I know – but I thought that it was worth the try. It came in a small pastel-green zip bag, with a mini cleanser, exfoliator, tonic and moisturiser, and a muslin cloth. It was so cute! I LOVED the packaging (I think the packaging is half the product, personally) and I couldn`t wait to display it in the bathroom! (I am sad, I know.)

I used the products religiously for a week (I usually do when I buy new products, especially face products) before I decided that the Instant Skin Boost Tonic wasn`t for me, nor was the Skin Repair Moisturiser.

Why, I hear you ask?

Well, dating back to a Clinique incident shortly after my 21st birthday, I have had an approach to tonics (or `toners`, as I know them as) that would make me seem slightly reluctant to try them. But as I had bought the starter kit, I thought that I best try out the products properly to make the most of them. I LOVED the Gentle Face Exfoliator+Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (obviously I didn`t have the use the exfoliator as much as the cleanser) but the tonic was just a bit … strong, for my face. But in Liz Earle`s defence, they usually are. They usually leave me feeling blotchy and dry (even though the kit was for dry/sensitive skin types).  I think it`s a bit to do with the way my face is designed, and a lot to do with my reluctance to try/the nightmare that I have when I do try toners!

Also, I wasn`t too keen on the moisturiser. It was quite thick (which is fine) and kinda just sat on my face instead of melting in+repairing my skin. Hmm … I don`t know. I might try the moisturiser again, but at the time I didn`t like it, and would always choose Clinique`s Dramatically Different Moisturiser any day of the week!



Overall, if you have heard reviews about Liz Earle`s products – believe them!!! (only if they`re good, obviously) Because the cleanser is AMAZING! I will always buy the cleanser (a 150ml bottle does cost £13.25, but it last for a good three-four months as one pump is enough per wash) and the muslin cloth really makes the difference – far more a luxurious experience than using your hands!

Oh, and it smells lovely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment