Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Umberto Giannini - Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm


When I was younger and I was starting to care about what I looked like and started to take an interest in what products I used (and what products I thought were the `best` but definitely out of my price range) I was always slightly jealous of a friend I had who lived a few streets away from me. She was pretty and rarely needed to shave her legs, dye her hair or pluck her eyebrows – oh, how the other half live! Anyway, she always used products that I used to see in Boots but could never afford. I couldn`t afford them because my Mum was still paying for me (I was, like, fifteen …) and I would never ask for them because they were significantly dearer than our Superdrug own-brand products that we used (not that there`s anything wrong with Superdrug, FYI – I`m just making the comparison!) And I saw, one day, that she used Umberto Giannini shampoo and conditioner. Now, considering that the shampoos and conditioners are never two-for-one and are higher-priced than 99p, I wanted to see what the fuss was about this cool, expensive brand. (FYI, shampoos and conditioners are currently priced at £4.89+£5.29, respectively.)

And some years later (approximately six – but that doesn’t make me twenty-one; I simply did not use the lovely-packaged product for a while *ahem* because I didn’t want to have spent a fair bit of money on it only for it to run out and then I`d be without the lovely-package once again) I bought an Umberto Giannini product – the Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm.

I had never used anything similar to this product previously – and if I`m being honest, I was slightly intimidated by the whole process of it all – but as it turned out, it was a good investment! I can`t remember how much it was when I bought it (all those years ago …!) but after looking on the Boots website, it`s telling me that it`s priced at £5.61 (with 20 points on the Advantage Card, no less!  ;-)).

The product helps to “restore hydration” for “healthy looking hair”, apparently. It also says that the balm is to be “applied to dry hair evenly, and you`ll instantly see the result: glowing with life”.

Hmm …

Now, I tried this the first time I used it: I washed my hair, I blow-dried it, and then I added this balm evenly to it – expecting to see a healthy-looking, hydration-restored wig … Not quite, unfortunately.

I would buy this product again, but I would NEVER apply it to dry hair that I wished to walk out the house with. I would apply it to dry hair – but before bed, using it as an overnight conditioner, rather than a hair product for the day. As the title of the product would suggest, but the instructions were too simple that they were practically confusing!

I slather my hair in it, run a comb through it, and sleep on it all night – ready to be washed away in the morning, so I can start my hair routine with hair products for the day.

It smells delicious!

It doesn`t leave residue on your hands, or make them feel sticky.

It looks pretty!

I will buy this product again – I think it would be brilliant to take away during the Summer on holiday, because it smells good and is lightweight and it probably could be used during the day while sunbathing if hair was such that it wouldn`t mind being all curly and `wet `looking – but for now I think I`m going to explore other brands … especially those brands that I wanted to try when I was younger! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment